Understanding Men’s Violence Against Women: an elearning course on the causes, impact and prevention of men’s violence against women
White Ribbon Australia encourages all Australian men and women to undertake this free online course.
By so doing you will:
- further your understanding of the causes, types, prevalence and impact of men’s violence against women; and
- learn some practical skills to help you speak up and take action to help prevent this violence.
You will learn about:
- Understanding men’s violence against women
- Impact of men’s violence against women
- Causes of men’s violence against women
- Debunking myths about men’s violence against women
- Primary prevention
- Managing disclosures
- Standing up to violence
You can complete the course on any web-enabled computer or mobile device.
The course features an interactive glossary, live YouTube links to a range of national and international videos and a list of Australian national, state and territory support services.
The course takes about two hours to complete. You can log in and out as many times as you like over a four week period. When you have finished the training you can download and print your certificate of completion.
This course is particularly suitable for people living in regional and remote areas where access to training can be limited.
You are encouraged to undertake this free course by clicking here.
The development of this elearning course, Understanding Men’s Violence Against Women, has been supported by the Victorian Government and Aussie Farmers Foundation.